mhashemi

Network diagram

Question

Our network guys have complained that they don't know what network gear is connected to what, when an alert occurs. In other monitoring tools (e.g. SolarWinds Orion), you can upload a network diagram (usually an image, I believe) and associate it with (the equivalent of) a group. Is there any way to do something like that in LM?

Thanks.

12 answers to this question

Hi Everyone, 

Im excited to announce that we are now in an active beta for Network Topology. We are anticipating a Q2 release date. For your reference, I have attached a screenshot below - I have blurred out some sensitive information. And yes, clicking on the alert icon will show you any alerts in respect to the given resource.                                                       136103312_ScreenShot2019-02-11at9_50_22AM.thumb.png.0ff5ab709cdd20c39cb4ec6a9d4411aa.png

Hi all - we expect to have something for you to get your hands on in the first half of next year.  We're as anxious as you are to see this in production, and I'll keep you updated as timelines become more firm.

Any news on the ability to add a network diagram? I just had a switch dropping dead and got a ton of alerts from various devices and data sources. It took me a few minutes just to figure out what is the root cause of all of these problems. A live network diagram were I could see all elements and look for the root cause of it all could have saved me at least 5-10 minutes of time before I could actually started working on the problem.

• Upvote 1

How would one get on the beta for testing a network diagram feature?

Also hoping for generic drawing area (blobs, lines, boxes, labels) for complex infrastructure systems flow!

What I would really like to have is to be able to copy paste my own SVG drawings, and bind shape properties in the drawings to objects (devices) or instances.  For example, bind the fill color of  shape to the device severity color, or bind the height/width attribute of a shape to a DataPoint value.

Any update on this? It's been over a year since a public preview was said will be available and now no response on this for the last 10 months