Sign in to follow this  
Tim Fournet

Improving HipChat integration

Question

Hi,

We followed the instructions to integrate LogicMonitor with Atlassian HipChat from http://help.logicmonitor.com/integrations/group-chat-integrations/atlassian-hipchat/

Getting the alerts in is great, but then our techs had to go and search for the host/event to see what\'s going on. No more, we modified the method slightly and now the Alert ID part of the message is a hyperlink to the alert within LogicMonitor.

Here are the adjustments:

In the Custom HTTP Alert Delivery box, change the Data Format to Url-Encoded Form Data

Then for the Alert Data, we changed it to be this:

room_id=##hipchat_room_id##&format=json&color=red&auth_token=##hipchat_api.pass##&from=LogicMonitor&message=%3Ca%20href%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2F.logicmonitor.com%2Fsantaba%2Fuiv3%2Falert_mobile%2Findex.jsp#detail~id%3D##ALERTID##%26type%3Dalert%3E##ALERTID##%3C%2Fa%3E%20##LEVEL##%20##HOST##%20##DATASOURCE##-##DATAPOINT##%3A%20##VALUE##%20##THRESHOLD##%20##LIMITEDMESSAGE##%20(##ALERTSTATUS##)

Basically, this just adds a URL-encoded URL to the URL. Also added color=red so the alerts stand out. Our next hope is to make (clear) conditions be another color.

4 answers to this question

It could be a nice feature to be able to change the colors in hipchat so warnings fx are yellow, critical are red and cleared are green.

It should be possible to change the colors to once own perference.

And another thing to make different massages so clear doesn't have the same information as alerts.

The HipChat instructions use the V1 API, which is deprecated.  When is LogicMonitor going to update the steps for the V2 API?  I have been trying unsuccessfully to configure the HTTP Delivery to use the V2 API.  Its frustrating because I use the V2 everywhere except LogicMonitor, so I know my json is valid, but I can't see enough of the error in the UI to know why it fails.

Eilif - We do have customers passing in different colors to hip chat for cleared and acknowledged.  If you configure the integration to send different alert data by alert type, you can include the hip chat color.  To do this for alert severity, you would need to copy your integration and adjust based on alert rule.

Re the v2 API, we'd be happy to give you a hand.  You can use the Chat with Engineer button or Support Request to engage a technical engineer, we will be sure to update our documentation with any findings.