Sign in to follow this  
Chris Berry

api authentication status 403?

Question

Hi, I used powershell to try and authenticate to our logicmonitor external portal. It returned the following:

StatusCode : 200

StatusDescription : OK

Content : {\'\'status\'\':403,\'\'errmsg\'\':\'\'Authentication failed. Check the url, username, and password.\'\'}

RawContent : HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Content-Length: 89

Content-Type: text/json;charset=UTF-8

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 17:54:08 GMT

Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=3FA7E345679317FD1D1FBED8FA6726F2; Path=/santaba; Secure

Server:...

Forms : {}

Headers : {[Content-Length, 89], [Content-Type, text/json;charset=UTF-8], [Date, Fri, 30 Jan 2015 17:54:08

GMT], [set-Cookie, JSESSIONID=3FA7E345679317FD1D1FBED8FA6726F2; Path=/santaba; Secure]...}

InputFields : {}

Links : {}

ParsedHtml : System.__ComObject

RawContentLength : 89

When I use the exact login name and pass going to the portal directly it logs me in just fine. Any ideas? I used the following code:

Invoke-WebRequest -Uri \'\'https://mycompany.logicmonitor.com/santaba/rpc/getEscalatingChains?c=mycompany&u=user&p=pass\'\'

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Hi Chris,rn rnFrom what I can tell, it looks like you are formulating your API call correctly. My primary suspicion is that the credentials that you are supplying are for a user that does not have the sufficient Manage Settings permissions to execute this API call. Please ensure that your API user has this permission enabled.rn

Regards,rn rnJoseph Skup.rnLogicMonitor Support