joshlowit1

WinServer Instance ErrorsLogon Alert

Question

Hi Team,

I have a server that is triggering an alert for FileServer instance with the datapoint of ErrorsLogon. I checked the Event Log and there is no events for failed logins. The WMI Query is SELECT * FROM Win32_PerfRawData_PerfNet_Server. Anyone have any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this? Has anyone else experienced this issue? It is only 1 server, no others are having this issue. As I stated in Event Viewer there is no failed login attempts. This triggers several times a day. Any help would be appreciated. 

1 answer to this question

On 11/18/2019 at 3:15 PM, joshlowit1 said:

I have a server that is triggering an alert for FileServer instance with the datapoint of ErrorsLogon. I checked the Event Log and there is no events for failed logins. The WMI Query is SELECT * FROM Win32_PerfRawData_PerfNet_Server. Anyone have any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this? Has anyone else experienced this issue? It is only 1 server, no others are having this issue. As I stated in Event Viewer there is no failed login attempts. This triggers several times a day. Any help would be appreciated. 

I haven't dealt with this issue myself but did find a reference to the same issue and someone using a 3rd party tool to track it down:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2199890-nagios-xi-windows-logon-errors?page=1#entry-8292751