joshlowit1

WMI and LogicMonitor

Question

Hi Team,

I am running into an interesting problem. I have a few stats on a VM not showing properly in LM (says no data) I went through all of the steps for the WMI troubleshooting process and this did not fix it. I then ran some additional tests. on this particular server I was getting the Access Denied and I followed the steps provided in the troubleshooting guide I had to do both DCOM and WMI (through computer management) I had to do this with 2 out of 6 servers and the other 4 servers are working just fine. So after fixing the Access Denied messages I am able to do some queries but not others. I do have a user and pass that is local to the machine and is in the admin group but it cannot query select * from Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_System with the logicmonitor user but I can do the query with the administrator user. I checked DCOM and WMI permissions and they are the same, so I am not sure why the logicmonitor user is not able to run this query but the administrator user can. I ran the test using the wbemtest remotely from the server that has the LM collector. Any ideas what else I should look at?

3 answers to this question

Hey @joshlowit1,

I'm sorry you're having problems with WMI collection. Can I trouble you to engage with Support on this? They can gather the necessary details and get this escalated to the collector team if necessary.

You can also try looking up "LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy" on google. Servers joined to a domain but have a custom local administrators account (aka not the default "administrator") can be blocked by the remote version of UAC. Setting LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy to 1 will disable remote UAC, which does have some possible security implications (like UAC itself) but might be worth trying as a test atleast.

Edited by Mike Moniz
  • Upvote 2