Hi everybody!

I've been using Mike Sudings monitoring solution for a while and i've expanded it a bit to monitor more solutions in Office365.

The Monitors included

• Custom Domains (quantity) WHEKJJ
  • Deleted Users (quantity) ZHADY9
  • Global Admins (quantity) 7GGZWZ
  • Licenses Assignable ((quantity) based on type) R46EGX
  • Licenses Assigned (quantity) based on type GHRNLL
  • Licensed / Unlicesned Users (quantity) 4PJZJ4
  • MFA Users (quantity of enabled/disabled users) WZFAWK
  • Users and devices in Office365 Tenant (quantity) Devices if clients are joined to Azure AD PLMP22

Hope they are helping the community out

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • LogicMonitor Staff
7 hours ago, CraigTheSysAdmin said:

Any idea how long until this gets approved? Waiting for TL494K in particular and its been a month now :( 

@Herin

@CraigTheSysAdmin sorry for the long wait. You should now be able to import all of those modules.

Cheers!

Edited by Andrey Kitsen
  • 1 year later...

Hi Mike,

What level of permissions is required for the App creation on Azure AD. Its seems i can only create the app if the account has global admin permissions. I have been trying to play with the permissions but no luck.

This is error:

image.thumb.png.8f7db5f78bc90d3e8744eb2bb1256af4.png

Let me know

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 12:11 AM, Stuart Weenig said:

We just released O365 monitoring into the core product. Check your datasources and propertysources pages to make sure you have all updates from the LM repo. That said, have you checked this: https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/monitoring/applications-databases/microsoft-office-365-monitoring ?

Thanks Stuart for the update but there is one important piece which I think is missing is Office365 Service Health Status. This doesnt exist in LM Office365 datasources.  

image.png.ce768ffa871a6de07f0bfb0bafa8c98a.png

• Upvote 1
  • Administrators

That's at status.office365.com, right? Looks like I'd need elevated privileges on our O365 account just to look at that page. In order to pull it into a DS, we scrape that page, but that should be the last option. A better option would be if they had an API where that data is presented in JSON or XML format. Then it would be pretty easy (authentication aside) to log into that page and pull the data into a status page. Do you know if such an API exists? You would have better luck finding it than I since i'm not an O365 admin.

Hi Stuart,

We have the exact same need here! The "services status" datasource would be perfect to react quickly when a O365 service goes down (to communicate to users at least). Do you think it's feasible to add this to the existing Office365 monitoring using this API?

Thanks!

• Administrators

It's feasible, definitely. I can't do it though as I don't have access to the API not being an O365 customer myself. I would guess the dev team does, and they could be planning on building this out. 

Yes, actually I was hoping that this service health status was included with the O365   package release.. but instead we got a lot of complex usage metrics and statistics from MS graph API 😕

How could we motivate the dev team to work on it if it's not already the case? 😬

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Vincent Le Bris said:

How could we motivate the dev team to work on it if it's not already the case? 😬

Motivation is directly proportional to the number of customers that request it.

On 5/28/2020 at 5:33 PM, Vincent Le Bris said:

We have already raised a feature request for this. More customers request for the same, the better. Hopefully this is not too much of an effort for the dev team to build & include this in the next set of datasource release.

8 hours ago, Herin said:

We have already raised a feature request for this. More customers request for the same, the better. Hopefully this is not too much of an effort for the dev team to build & include this in the next set of datasource release.

Ok that's great to hear! I'll raise the feature request too then. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.