Jesse Hester

Utilize all data found in AWS Cost and Usage reports

I would like to see the cloud collector for AWS utilize all of the relevant data in the cost and usage reports provided by Amazon. For example, I just enabled billing monitoring for an AWS account, and the billing bucket contains reports for every day in June, but the collector just calculated the month-to-date total costs as of today, though it could have calculated the month-to-date total costs for each day in June and populated the graphs accordingly. It also ignored the reports for May.

@Jesse Hester thanks for posting! We can look into adding an improvement to backfill monitored month-to-date costs for the available reports - how far back would you be looking for data upon enablement (e.g. current month? last 3 months?)? 

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for getting back to me. Ideally, upon billing monitoring being enabled, LM would grab all of the billing data present in the billing bucket. The use case here is a client who has had AWS Cost and Usage reports set up for some time before integrating with LM. For my case in particular, going back three months would be satisfactory.

Edited by Jesse Hester

@Jesse Hester it's in the queue, but we haven't gotten to it yet (currently working on some larger features you'll be seeing soon :)). I don't currently have an ETA, but I'll post back once we have a better idea of when we'll be able to get to this.