Medi Esmail

Sharing Dashboard views

I was wondering if this would be a good thread to start to share some Dashboard widget views, I am in the process of implementing logic monitor and would be great to have a view of what kind of dashboards are being used by different teams like Networks, Server , Storage, Security etc.

Just a screen shot describing the view would be awesome. I have added some I have created on our implementation.

Thanks in advance. 

Medi

image.thumb.png.980689c1496366e4aa28c0d672e2b89e.pngimage.png.38d2a9a9950cc77b50515fd224f7b922.png

Love the Idea of sharing dashboards, I might have posted it as a feature request at one point. I do believe Kerry himself set us up with some slick overall dashboards in the beginning. :)

Speaking of which, can I snag the json to the public cloud and exchange server dashboards please? Seems very useful!

Thank you,

Nick

2 hours ago, Kerry DeVilbiss said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone - I've gone ahead and published these to Github for the time being - they should all be available here:

https://github.com/kdevilbiss/Dashboards

Be sure to take a look at the documentation on dashboard tokens and let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Kevin

These rock! Great work.

Kerry, these are awesome. Keep them coming! Would love to see for Cisco switches, CheckPoint FW's, Citrix XA/XD, Citrix NetScaler, and more!

Much appreciated, these really do help a lot. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Brian Wagner said:

Kerry, these are awesome. Keep them coming! Would love to see for Cisco switches, CheckPoint FW's, Citrix XA/XD, Citrix NetScaler, and more!

Much appreciated, these really do help a lot. 

Agreed. 

Add NetApp and Nutanix to the list.

Anyone willing to start a dashboard? "Willing" contributed here both in terms of time/effort put into this or a donation if someone else beats me to the punch.

Would any one have any vmWare dashboards and willing to share ?even if its just a screen shot or if its not configured to work with dashboard tokens?

regards,

Medi

@Medi Esmail - if you check the GitHub Repository, I uploaded a dashboard last week that applies to a vCenter instance that is now available for download:

image.thumb.png.757278606be9e7245441a56656782213.png

With the exception of the Big Number widgets, ESXi hosts should use mostly the same DataSources and be point-able towards a VMware host, as well. (But it was written for vCenter.)

Cheers,

Kerry

* I also just uploaded a copy of the JSON for the default dashboard set that is created in every new account (as of LogicMonitor v.98) - these assume the presence of a handful of dynamic groups:

image.png.fe6a718186985cc23c635a9379a77a9c.png    image.png.a73c896c0c0856d30b51e22cc467af53.png 

Edited by Kerry DeVilbiss
added default dashboards to respository

Thanks a ton! I've been manipulating these for our environment.  I've begun making a bunch of modifications so they will display nicely on a couple NOC screens.   

Mine are very tailored for our global operations center.  We have business/infrastructure service specific ones as well as a general IT Opeations view. We have an alert management view for our legacy on-premises IT Operations team which organises alerts into three buckets, that the first image below.  The second is a custom app I built with Google Apps Script which uses the REST API to bring in events from LogicMonitor and ServiceNow. This view is usually on the big screens and the app allows us to add custom logic, for example, correlating change requests with alerts, and de-duplicate alerts, and also present our own severity colors.  

lm-itom-view.jpg

LM.gif

Thanks @Kerry

Here's a tip on how I simplified our use of the REST API.  I setup some "API" dashboards that would act to serve data to our REST calls. I use the Get Widget Data REST method (/dashboard/widgets/{widgetID}/data) from our custom application to fetch data from the widgets on the API dashboards (mainly alert widgets). The reason for doing this is that we can easily control the data the REST method returns by configuring the filters in the widgets.  This is much easier than having to update our application code if we want to make a quick change.

My Google Apps Script library started from this post I made last year.  I have an equivalent library for ServiceNow.  These are all server side, and the HTML page in our app makes asynchronous calls to the Google Apps Script server side functions which return the JSON back to the client side JavaScript.

It's short and just implements the REST call for Get Widget Data:

var MonitoringDataProvider = 
{
  Widget : 
  {
    Events :
    {
      /* Widget IDs */
      APAC : 721,
      ASIA : 736,
      EMEA : 680,
      AMERICAS : 735,
      GLOBAL : 737
    }
  }
};
var MonitoringDataService =
{  
  API : 
  {
    ROOT_CONTEXT : "https://<yourdomain>.logicmonitor.com/santaba/rest"
  },

getResource : function(params)
  {
    var LM_API_CONTEXT = this.API.ROOT_CONTEXT;

var LM_ACCESS_ID = "<your access ID>";
    var LM_ACCESS_KEY = "<your access key>";   

var httpVerb = "GET";
    var epoch = new Date().getTime();

var signatureMessage = httpVerb + epoch + params.resource;

var signatureBytes = Utilities.computeHmacSha256Signature(signatureMessage, LM_ACCESS_KEY, Utilities.Charset.UTF_8);

var signatureHex = HexUtils.convertByteArrayToHex(signatureBytes);

signature = Utilities.base64Encode(signatureHex, Utilities.Charset.UTF_8);

var authorization = "LMv1 " + LM_ACCESS_ID + ":" + signature + ":" + epoch;

var headers = 
    {
      "method" : "GET",
      "contentType" : "application/json;charset=utf-8",
      "headers" : 
      {
        "Authorization" : authorization
      }
    };

switch (params.type)
    {
      case "alerts":
        var url = LM_API_CONTEXT + params.resource + "?size=1000&fields=" + params.fields + "&filter=" + params.filter;
        break;

case "metric":  
        var url = LM_API_CONTEXT + params.resource;
        break;
    }

var response = UrlFetchApp.fetch(url, headers);

json = response.getContentText();

return json;    
  },

getEventsWidgetData : function(widgetId)
  {
    var params = 
    {
      resource : "/dashboard/widgets/##WIDGET_ID##/data",
      fields : "internalId,startEpoch,ackedEpoch,severity,acked,ackComment,monitorObjectId,monitorObjectName,monitorObjectGroups,dataPointName,alertValue",
      filter : "",
      type : "alerts"
    };

params.resource = params.resource.replace("##WIDGET_ID##", widgetId);    

var json = MonitoringDataService.getResource(params);

return json;
  }
};
function getMonitoringEventData(widgetGeography)
{
  return MonitoringDataService.getEventsWidgetData(MonitoringDataProvider.Widget.Events[widgetGeography]);
}

lm-api-widgets.jpg

Edited by Mosh

On 5/22/2018 at 12:16 PM, Kerry DeVilbiss said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone - I've gone ahead and published these to Github for the time being - they should all be available here:

https://github.com/kdevilbiss/Dashboards

Be sure to take a look at the documentation on dashboard tokens and let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Thumbs up to these. Thanks for sharing!

Looks like the Ubiquiti dashboard doesn't work with the newer controller software versions of Unifi. 

@Blake - apologies for the delay here - those modules were in flux for a little bit - now that we've published a set of new modules to the official repository, I've updated the Unifi dashboard to use the lastest / greatest:

ubiquiti_unifi_v2.thumb.png.9400dc5f491853f1e902a99429a02890.png

The download is available at https://github.com/kdevilbiss/Dashboards/blob/master/Ubiquiti_Unifi_v2.json

Cheers,

Kerry