Joe Tran

Built in aggregation options for Get Data APIs

I'm on hour 17 of a run of a script that pulls down Service responseTime data for about 345 services so I can come up of an average across all of those services from the last quarter.

I would love, LOVE a built-in option or parameter to aggregate this data in the API call. :S

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the request - we'll look into it!  Are you making this type of calculation for device datapoints as well? (e.g. averaging a key performance metric across multiple servers all supporting the same service).  And is this something you'd want to visualize in a LogicMonitor dashboard widget / report, or that you're pulling into another tool?  Just trying to get a bit more context re the use case :) 

Thanks,
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

As far as I know, I should be able to visualize aggregate device data using a Custom Graph widget. This is something that is lacking for Services though.

My coworkers in the business analysts teams do import LogicMonitor data into Tableau.

Thanks,
Joe