High WMI Task Queue

Ben

Question

I have a high WMI task queue on my collector for approx. 56 devices. I suspect I have a device that is enabled for WMI but is not responding. How do I find which device is delaying the tasks? Or should I consider something else first?

1 answer to this question

• LogicMonitor Staff

Hi Ben,

https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/settings/collectors/using-the-collector-debug-facility/

Uing the collectors debug facility detailled in this help page can show you which devices are failing to respond to wmi.

The command to use would be !tlist c=wmi

This will show a long list of all wmi tasks on all 56 devices, search through for any that do not say OK, (a good tip here is to use control-F and search for "WMI query task failed")and the relevant device name will be shown along with an error message, If you need further help just hop onto chat where I or a colleague would be glad to help you, I had a look at your collector and can see several hosts failing wmi but I obviously wont paste them in here as this is a public forum.

David