Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'interfaces'.
Found 3 results
This is not an advertisement by any means, just offering to help anyone who struggles with this as well. As an MSP, we have struggled with how to handle alert tuning in bulk with it comes to things like Interfaces (instances). Some of the interfaces you want to alarm as critical, some you want as error and others you don't care about at all. LM provided a partial fix for that with their Groovy based "Status" alarm based on the interface description, but it didn't take it far enough. We started creating manual interface groups called "Critical" and performing Alert Tuning on that "parent" only to find out that it doesn't work as interfaces move in and out of it. I was beyond disappointed, but it said it right at the top of the page: Changes made to Alerting or Thresholds will only affect existing instances currently in this Instance Group. Instances added later will not be subject to the changes. Anyway, long story short we finally decided to write our own application to do it and built it in Azure. We built it to handle multiple data sources so we could group other instances (like VMware vDisks) and do the same bulk changes. It was written to be a data source in your environment, so that you can apply it to whatever devices you want and just call out to the API with the device name. If you have any interest in using it, let me know. There are costs associated as Azure bills based on usage, but it is pretty small for us (< $200/mo). Trust me, I wish LM solved this without having to write the app!
A modified version of the stock WinIf- DataSource, with various Instance Level Properties brought in from the related Win32_NetworkAdapter class. Adds: auto.interface.adaptertype auto.interface.macaddress auto.interface.manufacturer auto.interface.netconnectionid auto.interface.netenabled auto.interface.pnpdeviceid auto.interface.servicename See https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394216(v=vs.85).aspx for more details on what each of these are, and other ILPs you may choose to further add. v1.3.0: 3LD3EN
When LogicMonitor discovers Cisco switches and other network devices, there are often numerous interfaces that are monitored, when they should not be. Think about a 4507 chassis with 80% user ports that we don't want to look at, but 10 access point and 2 uplinks that we do. Right now when going into instances for the a device and editing interfaces and trying to disable multiple selections, you can only do this within the page you are on. If you select say 10 interfaces from a page, then hit next page and select 10 more, only the 10 from the page you are currently on get disabled. This is adding significant time to my cleanup of things auto-discovered, and should be an simple and great enhancement! -Thanks