Purnadi K

LogicMonitor Staff
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Purnadi K

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

1,637 profile views
  1. hi Anil, I have a doubt since SHA1 is slowly losing proponents due to its security flaw (& our collectors are more and more equipped with latest security patch :).You can try though, any device in your portal to test? Please don't tell me here You can open an email ticket to inform me the device and I will test it out.
  2. This might be my last article before leaving my beloved LogicMonitor. It has been a privilege to be part of the Support team but life happens to everyone and I know all things work together for good.... Now the Docker monitoring. We know the standard monitoring described and explained here: https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/monitoring/applications-databases/docker/, which takes advantage of Google cAdvisor, a tool, if I may define it, by Google to monitor Docker containers, elaborated nicely in greater details here: https://github.com/axibase/cadvisor-atsd. This tool is equipped
  3. IPv6 which used to be a behemoth and now is a norm, is still a thing that is widely-unsupported as a standard, although more and more are joining the pool and making their infrastructure IPv6- friendly. IPv4 addresses are scarce, according to the 'authorities' (i.e. APNIC, RIPE), but whether it will be completely replaced soon by IPv6, remains to be seen (https://mightytechknow.wordpress.com/2016/08/01/ipv6-internet-routes/). As of now, both public routes are still growing with IPv4 stands at ~670,000 routes and IPv6 at ~45,000 (15K growth since Aug 2016). For LogicMonitor, I ca
  4. --- "To him who is able to keep you from stumbling" ---- Monitoring a tunnel to be notified if it is stumbling is what this topic is all about. Last year there was a request by one of our financial customer, a private investment bank, that uses Palo Alto Networks firewall to monitor the VPN tunnels on PAN device and although there are wide range of monitoring set with our current LogicModules, this specific feature is yet to be developed, so here comes a customized monitoring, leveraging on existing datasources. I will, again, refrain mentioning customer's name as I have no permissio
  5. I never believe the 'virtual' dispute between *nix lovers and UI lovers that has been going on since NT days (with its PDC,BDC concept) and during the days when virtualization was still a highly-guarded confidential technology by the big boys of Unix era (LPAR, LDOM,VPAR) which was boasted to be able to do hardware virtualization and of course with its highly non-sensible price of license as well. IBM was the champion of all with its RISC and Mainframe era, followed by SPARC of the 'sold-off' Sun Microsystem, developed heavily by Fujitsu. Sadly for the big boys, that too-far-fetched technology
  6. Hi, for sure, any 'internal' monitoring, if I may use such term (or between collector to the device), is IPv6 friendly as of now. But that is only within the limit of collector's reachability to devices. When it comes to public-facing monitoring, such as External Service Check, it is yet to be supported (until our SiteMonitors connect to IPv6 backbone, I believe). For internal Service Check, I did a simple test to see if the v6 address is accepted and truly it is:
  7. IPv6 is only supported for INTERNAL Service check as of now. For external Service Check, well, I assume it will depend on whether SiteMonitors are connected to IPv6 providers or tunnel, and neither one is yet available at the current moment. Until then let us keep watching if IPv6 addresses will be in this list in the near future: https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/services/about-services/what-are-services/#What-locations-are-services-tested-from
  8. Info: Groovy script is the base for the environment and certainly the target/end device must be a linux-based, be it a distro of Linux server/desktop or an appliance with linux-kernel firmware (err...it's basically almost every device then: firewalls, switches, IDS/IPS, LB, Apple devices, Android devices, etc....it seems all gadgets on the planet using linux kernel) It is a request some years ago (seems so long though, which actually is +2 years) by a LogicMonitor's Customer: Obviously, this is not an official datasource crafted by the amazing Monitoring Engineering team of L
  9. hi Martin, I happened to come across your inquiry. Just want to let you know that you can use ssh key to log into your device from collector. I have tried it and it worked well. But you need to of course copy the public key into each target device. Usual drill as you might have known.
  10. hi Kaushal, you can use this datasource if you can add the ELB as a device.
  11. Monitoring Tomcat Context with HTTP Data Collection Tomcat is not a common home pet that people normally know. It is not a type of a cat ("a male cat") after all but an eccentric name like any other open source software's names i.e. Guacamole, Apache, RabbitMQ, etc. which I believe represents the freedom nature of those software, where creativity is the main ingredient. I am not here to explain about Tomcat per se, either because of Google provides abundant information about it or it is out of the scope of my article. Simply put, Tomcat is a servlet whereby multiple Context containers
  12. Monitoring SSL Certificate expiry days can be done in LogicMonitor by making use of datasource SSLCerts- (SSL Certificate Expiration). On the side note, SSL Certificate is used for certifying a web server that does the secured socket layer data encryption between a web server and a client (web browser). SSL Certificate is issued by several organizations/companies so called Certificate Authority (CA) for the purpose of providing the legitimacy of the web servers that encrypt the data for communication. The certificates issued will be digitally-signed by those CA and can be trusted by the client